High Impact Technology Exchange Conference
Preparing America's Skilled Technical Workforce
Poster Session Proposals
When: Wednesday, July 26, 3:00–5:30 P.M. (includes the 4:30–5:30 P.M. Exhibit Hall reception)
Where: Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, Atlanta, Georgia
Welcome to the HI-TEC Call for Poster Sessions submission process. Please read the guidelines and complete all areas of the form linked at the bottom of this page.
Dates to Remember
|Submission Deadline:||March 3
|Approval Notification:||March 31|
|Presenter Registration Form Due:||June 15|
Preference will be given to sessions that:
- Report new content or information that is a result of collaboration between projects, centers, industry, or other partners.
- Focus on workforce diversity and best practices for serving students from groups underrepresented in STEM such as women, persons with disabilities, persons of color, and Veterans.
- Show interdisciplinary approach to technology areas with technician participation.
- Showcase students and their projects.
All presenters must register for the conference and pay associated fees.
Poster sessions will be held on Wednesday from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. (includes the Exhibit Hall Reception from 4:30 to 5:30 pm). Each poster session presenter will display their materials on a 48″x72″ bulletin board with pushpins (will be provided) and be present to discuss the display.
No equipment or tables will be used during poster sessions. Presenters will need to be available on Wednesday from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. to describe their project.
Required Information for Poster Session Proposals
You must have the following information in order to complete the proposal form:
- ATE Center or Project name
- Presenter names and contact information
- Poster session title (100 characters max)
- Poster session description (100 words max)
- Facilitator(s)/instructor(s) – name(s) and contact information. If you don’t have names, please submit the number of facilitator(s)/instructor(s) and your expected composition (i.e., educator, center personnel, industry leaders, technicians, etc.). More detailed speaker information will be needed prior to registration opening in February if you don’t have it now.
For assistance with the form, contact Sheila Wilson.
Submitters may go into the online form and print it before trying to complete the form, since it has to be completed in a single session and may time-out if it’s not finished in a short time.